Content Validation for Planning Committee Members

Content Validation for Planning Committee Members

Chris Ralls
I attended the ACCME accreditation workshop last month and this topic came up in one of my breakouts. I thought it was an interesting topic, especially given that many in the room handled it differently - some removed planning committee members with conflicts from the planning committee altogether, while others had a robust content validation system in place to vet and resolve the conflicts. The ACCME proctor in the room leaned heavily toward removing those with conflicts from the planning committee altogether, but we know that's not always possible.

I'm curious - what do you do at your organization to validate content from planning committee members during the planning process?
Chris Ralls
Houston Methodist
cralls@houstonmethodist.org
713.441.4715